
Introduction
The summer before my senior year of high school was a year of transition. My father, who had become ill, wanted our family closer to our extended family for help and support. So, I moved 1000 miles away. A thousand miles from the little town I'd spent my life in, the kids I'd known since Kindergarten, my first job, my opportunity to be in the Senior Class Leadership, the very real chance to be one of the top 5 students in my graduating class. I didn't mind mostly; I knew it was the answer my parents prayed for when my Dad became so sick. I trusted that.
I missed out on some experiences in that special little town. But, I gained something that has been a part of my life, something that at the time just seemed like a trial to get through. Over the years that "trial" has presented me with so many life lessons and truths. My experience was with a Powder Puff.
Right now you are thinking, "Huh?" Either your brow is furrowed or your lip is curled up to one side, or maybe both.
Now, that Powder Puff wasn't a soft and fluffy ball dusting me with perfume scented powder; it was a week-long 50-mile hike through the Uintah mountains. We were all girls from ages 12 to 18. It was something that most had been preparing for, but since I had just moved into the area, I had not participated in any of the preparations. I jumped in with rose-colored glasses looking at an adventure that I was sure would be a blast to do going into my senior year. Surprise!!!
Powder Puff gave me wings to fly and a more firm foundation to stand on going forward in life, even though I didn't realize it at the time. It is a source that still presents little insights on life for me from time to time. It was one of the most difficult and challenging blessings I've ever experienced; a blessing I'd only received because I'd moved 1000 miles away, and trusted in prayer and answers to prayers.
I'll tell you more about this later.
Comments
Post a Comment