The Boys in the Boat
by Daniel James Brown
Finished this gem of a book. It was read by Edward Herrmann, whose voice was perfect for the audible version. I found the author's intertwining of the stories about each of the individuals in this book quite interesting. They were weaved in throughout the story, one person at a time. I also loved the real-time inclusion of the history of Germany and Hitler into the mix. This history buff loved it, actually. I watched the movie for a Stay-date with hubby While the movie was good, it felt lacking in spades after the book. The book gave far more soul to each person and the depth of the effort to even get to the Olympics, let alone win the gold. If you can only pick between the choice of the book or the movie...the book wins hands down...and the audible with Herrimann is a good choice.

Comments
Post a Comment