BOYS!


I got my daughter snuggled safely into her dorm, college classes, and her next phase of life.  I thought all was well until we encountered BOYS.  I'm not at all prepared for these boys.  I don't think I can snuggle her in safely enough for them.  Now, I don't mind boys.  I have three amazing young men of my very own.  I work with outstanding boy scouts all of the time.  She has been dating a great guy.  What's the difference....these are looking for a more permanent adorable, well-rounded, intelligent woman in their lives.  Many are older than she is.  In the short time we were there, these fine people of the male persuasion were buzzing around her like "flies to molasses."  Notice they are "flies" in that statement.  I knew this was part of sending her off on this next journey in her life, but I was sure hoping it would be a LONG way down the road in that journey.  I thought she'd encounter cute little 18 year olds, harmless mostly, as they still have missions to serve.  This sure isn't like sending her to her first day of kindergarten, but the same advice to her still applies, "If a boy tries to kiss you, you have my permission to punch him."  Maybe I should have instilled the idea that boys are yucky, too.

This is what I wanted her to encounter in the way of boys!

This is what I now see her encountering in the way of boys!


Comments

  1. She's a "pretty" smart young woman - she'll be much smarter than either myself or yourself in not falling for every great face (I wasn't that silly was I? - Don't ask your grandma- she'll start laughing). Taylor's cool, smart, and wise, and takes after her mother - so no problem!
    Your Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment